- Timeline JS workshop: Spreadsheet setup, basic HTML, embedding into WP
Somerville, Siobhan B. “Scientific Racism and the Invention of the Homosexual Body.” In Queering the Color Line: Race and the Invention of Homosexuality in American Culture (Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2000. 15-38.
Katz, Jonathan Ned. “The Genealogy of a Sex Concept,” “The Debut of the Heterosexual,” “Before Heterosexuality.” In The Invention of Heterosexuality. New York: Dutton, 1995. 1-55.
Ghaziani, Amin. “The Reinvention of Heterosexuality.” The Gay and Lesbian Review, v. 17, n. 3, May-June 2010: 27-29.
Halperin, David M. “Introduction,” “One Hundred Years of Homosexuality,” “’Homosexuality’: A Cultural Construct.” In One Hundred Years of Homosexuality, and Other Essays On Greek Love. (Routledge, 1990). 1-12, 14-53.
Timeline JS Workshop
Preparing Google Spreadsheet
- Log into your NYU Google Account
- Go to http://timeline.knightlab.com
- Click “MAKE A TIMELINE”
- Click “Get the Spreadsheet Template”
- Click “Use this template”
- Spend some time entering text
- Media – This needs to be a link to an image on the web, we will review how to get an image link
- Media caption
- Choose from the File menu “Publish to the Web”
- Go back to Timeline JS site and copy/paste spreadsheet URL at Step 3 of the instructions
- Grab the embed code that is produced under Step 4 of the instructions
- Copy <iframe> code
Embedding into Wordpress
- Create a new post
- Scroll to the bottom of the post editing page until you get to the “Fusion Page Options“
- Click on the “Post” tab
- Paste your Timeline JS <iframe> code in the “Video Embed Code” field
- Click on the “Sidebars” tab
- Under “Select Sidebar 1:” change the value from “Default” to “No Sidebar“
Link: <a href=”http://kkeramidas.nyufasedtech.com/sites/queering-the-web/syllabus/february-15/”>Week 4</a>
Extensive information about HTML at W3 Schools